This Knowledge Base is dedicated to helping our customers become more informed. If you don’t find your answer here, please call us at 503-557-7000.

How do I get a Barcode for my products?

If you want to sell your products in retail stores, then you need to get a barcode. The barcode on most retail products in this country is called a UPC (Universal Product Code), and you obtain them from the GS1 Council. You first need to become a member of what is mysteriously called their GS1 US Partner Connections. The amount you pay is dependent on the number of products you will be selling and your company”s gross revenues. If your needs are small and only require one or two UPC numbers, Craftsman Label can provide them for you at a nominal fee.

Previous post:

Next post: